When Jacob was born I decided to try out breathable bumpers. After lots of searching and research, I went with the BreathableBaby Crib Bumper. It looked safe, there was a good selection of colors, and it was reasonably priced (unlike the Go Mama which also looks great). I don't regret my choice at all. Here's why...
- It allows great air flow and doesn't appear to pose any suffocation risk
- It keeps baby's limbs out of the slats and pacifiers in the crib
- It provides a barrier for baby to reduct visual stimulation during sleep times, but is see-through enough that you can still see how baby is doing
- It ties or velcros easily and stays in place well (sometimes baby pushes it down, but it takes about two seconds to put it back in place)
- Baby can't use it to climb out of the crib like the softer bumpers
- Mattress sheet changes are easy. You can slide the mattress out to change the sheet with the bumper still in place.
- It is available for portable and cradle cribs