Ok, so My Brest Friend has a seriously silly name, but it is AMAZING. This is one of my all time favorite baby products. I wish I'd had it with my first child. It makes nursing SO much easier. The boppy is great for an older child (and nice because it is more compact and has so many other uses outside of nursing), but my brest friend is a thousand times more useful for a newborn. I can't say enough about this. It really is that good. And there's even one for twins..
- Great back support
- Washable cover (I suggest you buy more than one so you can put a clean one on while you are washing the other one. And I suggest you get the deluxe fabric which is soft and warm against babie's skin unlike the cotton covers.)
- Firm- no sagging baby!
- Supports baby VERY well and keep him up close to your body
- Small pocket to store things in like lanolin, breast pads, gas drops etc.
- You can nurse one handed or even single handed with a newborn
- You can even stand up and nurse with it, although I'm not sure they would advertise this for safety. If you do stand and nurse, make sure you are firmly holding on to baby!
- Silent release buckle that you can undo with one hand
It's only fair that I mention some of the cons...
- A bit bulky and cumbersome
- You need two hands to put it on (at least I do) so it is obviously hard to put on while holding baby
- If you are trying to do the football hold, just turn the brest friend to the side and put a pillow or two behind your back. You can also lay a flat pillow beside you to rest babies legs on while you use the brest friend in the regular position.
- I wash my cover in the washer on delicate and dry it on low heat and it has done just fine so far and hasn't shrunk at all. Make sure the velcro is attached to something before washing it or it will attach to your clothes!